Selling your home is a big step, but we know the best time to list a home for sale… and we’ll share it with you: NOW!
Yes, spring is the busiest season of the year for home sales. Buyers have been on the sidelines during the winter months. The holiday season is most people’s primary focus and they would much rather be celebrating with friends and family than spending time packing and searching for homes. Up north, many buyers avoid home shopping in the winter months to avoid inclement weather.
In the spring, homes look more inviting when the spring colors show up. School schedules are ramping up for end-of-the-school-year activities, but also shine a light on the quickly approaching summer, which historically has proven to be a great time for families to move and transition kids to a new home.
With all these reasons – and more – buyers are out in full-force, searching for their perfect home. If you list your home for sale soon, you’ll be able to capture the attention of the greatest number of these motivated and eager home buyers.
There are a few steps you should take to ensure your home is ready for the parade of home buyers gearing up to buy. Keep reading to discover the seven smart steps to a successful home sale this spring. Let us know if you would like to arrange a free consultation about selling or buying a home!
- Set a Realistic Price. Buyers know when a home is overpriced based on the competition and they’ll skip touring homes that aren’t a good value. Our expertise will help you arrive at a sales price that will attract the greatest number of buyers and get your home sold.
- Fix It Up. Smart buyers recognize a well-maintained home. Don’t give them a reason to leave your home during a tour. Get the to-do list done before listing your home for sale!
- Clean, Clean, And Clean Again. After the fix-ups are complete, complete a thorough deep cleaning of your home including rug shampooing, window washing, and cleaning every corner. A clean home smells great, looks inviting, and sells faster.
- Stage It. If you don’t know how to make each room look welcoming using the furniture and accessories you already own, we can help you stage your home to help it look its best. Staging beautiful vignettes in each room makes it easier for buyers to imagine themselves living in your home. If buyers can do this, they will be more inclined to buy it!
- Leave During Tours. If you want buyers to feel at ease touring your home, don’t stick around. Go for a long walk, run errands, visit a neighbor or get a coffee/snack. Without your presence, buyers will be free to check out every nook and cranny and talk about your house, which is a good thing if they are serious about buying.
- Be Ready To Negotiate. Treat every purchase offer as if it’s the only one you’ll get. Some offers can be accepted as-is. Otherwise, no matter what the offer and terms are, counteroffer. We will help you craft the best counteroffer to get your home sold for the best price in the shortest amount of time.
- Go With A Pro. Selling your home on your own can be done, but if you have a job, a family, a full schedule of activities, hobbies, and enjoy a little breathing room each day, you’ll want to hire a real estate professional like us to get your home sold. Our expertise and experience will give you the peace of mind that your home will be sold in the most hassle-free manner.
If you have any questions about the home selling process, or how best to get your home ready to sell, please do not hesitate to contact us! You can either use the contact form below or call/text us at 407-212-2301.